I was stuck in level 275 for a few days and always got caught out by the bombs at the top two corners.
My basic strategy is to clear the side jellies, moving onto middle and the top; but not the cells that are right next to the bombs. In this way, I’ll try to clear everything and then come back to the top and finish it off as soon as possible before the bomb goes off (if i happen to trip it).
Some things you can keep in mind are
– it’s good to get the color bombs when presented. It can be a life saver. But dont’ use it immediately
– it is also not a good idea to mix color bombs + stripped candies. More often than not, it will expose the bombs at the corners.
– don’t mix striped and lolly candies unless it’s in the middle.
Note that I did it once, and the amazing thing was that no more bombs or candies dropped out. There was a blank cell in either corners. My guess was that there was a stripped bomb on the top row, and a vertical stripped candy on the 2nd and 2nd last columns that went off at the same time.
– don’t clear candies right next to the chocolates if you have a bomb ticking. This is because you can hope for luck and have the chocolate coat the bomb. But if you clear any chocolates out there while you have a bomb ticking, there would be no chance of the chocolate taking over the bomb’s place. (You might get saved by any color-bombs you’ve created)
– clear the bomb if you’re able to when it’s left with 1 turn. Wait til last moment.
– if you have two of the same colored candies (vertical) on the 2nd or 2nd last columns (i.e. right next to where the bombs come out), be careful! Try to clear at 3 candies below it in one go. This is because another candy with the same colour might come out, and then expose the bomb.
– I don’t really worry about the fishes at the bottom.
– I also try to clear the side cells at least once first, so that it might be easier to clear anything towards the end if I need to clear it only one more time. (What I mean here is that you need to clear each cells’ jelly twice)
I hope i’m clear.